By Administrator_ India
India’s Covid chart continued to improve today with the country recording 1.06 lakh cases, a drop of 12% from yesterday’s 1.14 lakh infections that were reported to be the lowest in two months. The country’s caseload now stands at 2.89 crore
- The AIIMS in Delhi will conduct clinical trials of Covaxin on children from today, sources have said. The clinical trials are taking place amid concerns by experts that children could be majorly affected in the possible third wave of the virus.
- Meanwhile the Delhi government – which has run out of Covaxin stocks – has asked private hospitals and nursing homes not to administer Bharat Biotech’s COVID-19 vaccine to those who are coming in for their first jab. So far 56,51,226 doses have been administered in the city, including 12,84,000 people who have been fully vaccinated.
- The positivity rate, the number of positive cases identified per 100, has dropped to 6.33 percent. India has been reporting a positivity rate below 10 percent for 14 consecutive days now.
- Delhi will ease restrictions from today as part of the unlocking process after the COVID-19 cases reduced significantly in the national capital. Shops in malls, markets, standalone shops, and neighborhood shops will open with the restrictions of even-odd and timings from Monday, as per the order. Delhi Metro, which was suspended since May 10, will operate with 50 percent capacity.
- Neighbouring Uttar Pradesh also extended the relaxations in the coronavirus curfew. With this, curbs have been eased in 71 districts where shops and markets outside containment zones will be allowed to open five days a week.